I was craving pasta salad. My friend, Jess, and I plan to go to the beach this weekend, and she’s been talking about pasta salad. I could wait a few days or make some myself. So I made some myself!
There are many variations of pasta salad, but for the most part, it has pasta and vegetables. I didn’t have certain ingredients on hand, so I had to make do with what I had. I would like to add green bell pepper and celery in the future. However, red and orange bell pepper, broccoli, and onion made tasty ingredients. Half of the dish is gone. And according to Weight Watchers Recipe Builder, it’s only 4 points!
1 onion, chopped
1 bell pepper, red
1 bell pepper, orange
1 cup of broccoli, chopped florets
1 can of diced tomatoes, rinsed
Zesty Light Italian Dressing
2 tsp. Hellman’s Light Mayonnaise
2 tsp. shredded parmesan cheese
2 tsp. black pepper
2 tsp. McCormick’s Salad Seasoning
1 box Rozoni Whole Wheat Penne Pasta
1. Cook pasta as directed. Drain.
2. While pasta is cooking, chop vegetables. Deseed bell peppers. Combine in a bowl.
3. Drain the diced tomatoes. Be sure all juice drained. Add to bowl of vegetables.
4. Add Italian dressing and mayonnaise. Stir. Mix well.
5. Add black pepper and salad seasoning. Stir. Mix well.
6. Add pasta. Mix well.
7. Chill in refrigerator until ready to serve.
Serve at a BBQ or whenever you are in the mood for some pasta salad. Hope you all enjoy it! Remember, you can add whatever veggies you want. The more veggies, the better! I just didn’t have more veggies on hand.